Lower Your 2006 Acura RSX Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating better insurance prices for an Acura RSX can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for your Acura and get the lowest price.
You should take the time to quote other rates quite often since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on RSX coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Buying more affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to compare company rates online.
How to get affordable insurance
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes direct online. This process is quite easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information.
Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same information is a big time waster. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to get the lowest price.
There is an easier way to compare rates
A better way to find lower prices is to use a quote form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy your coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you are getting a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save $419 a year! What?
Drivers can’t escape the ads that claim the best premium rates from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make the promise about savings after switching your car insurance policy to them.
How is it plausible that every one can charge lower premium rates?
Different companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that earns them the most money. An example of a desirable risk might have to be over the age of 45, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred premium rates as well as save if they switch.
People who fall short of these stringent criteria will be quoted higher prices which leads to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers must compare free auto insurance quotes often. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Lower insurance rates with these tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by companies to determine prices.
- Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Does insurance cost more for men? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more miles you rack up on your Acura in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your RSX is just wasting money.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies give the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on RSX coverage.
Use discounts on insurance
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these disounts will be visible when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote auto insurance on RSX coverage depending on your company.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Acura RSX.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your RSX resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, loss of income, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as vandalism, damage from flooding, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce 2006 Acura RSX insurance premium rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper auto insurance. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More information can be read at the links below
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)