2005 Jaguar XJ-Series Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Jaguar XJ-Series? Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Jaguar XJ-Series can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance coverage rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Jaguar and locate the lowest price.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because prices change quite often. If you had the lowest price for XJ-Series insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate quote now. There are lots of tips to save on insurance coverage online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some good information on how to find affordable insurance coverage.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons is to know auto insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like your occupation, if you went to college, your general credit rating, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your information is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
These discounts can cut car insurance rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction for XJ-Series insurance depending on your company.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a insurance coverage quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for type of vehicle, location of vehicle, accident-free, ease of repair, multi-car, good driver, and annual mileage.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, membership and employees, driver training, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable insurance coverage quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Is my Jaguar XJ-Series covered if I use it for business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2005 Jaguar XJ-Series
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and hail damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for things like ambulance fees, chiropractic care, dental work, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your XJ-Series caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.