View 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 10, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who enjoys paying for insurance, in particular when they could get a better deal.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Save with these rate-reducing discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote on Ram pickup coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a insurance quote on Ram pickup coverage.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers that offer discounts, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the ISO rating for a 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 3500 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, funeral expenses, attorney fees and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Shop around and save
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper insurance. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you quote insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Henderson? (QuoteHenderson.com)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)