View 2004 Honda Odyssey Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you’re looking for more affordable insurance online, are you baffled by the dozens of insurance sources in your area? Many other drivers are too. Consumers have such a vast assortment of sources available that it can easily become a real hassle to locate the lowest prices.
Are you qualifying for every discount?
Some insurance providers don’t always list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less on Odyssey coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will help reduce your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle, driver training, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, homeowner, early shopping, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, vehicle storage, multi-policy, driver training, defensive driver, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
If you want cheaper car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is my 2004 Honda Odyssey covered for smoke damage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, funeral costs, dental work and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, structural damage, attorney fees and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Save your hard earned cash
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, policy non-renewal and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just read many ways to save on 2004 Honda Odyssey insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced 2004 Honda Odyssey insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
Even more information can be found by following these links: