Save on 2003 Acura RSX Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 5, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your Acura RSX? Finding the most affordable auto insurance can seem to be somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners not familiar with online price comparisons. Since there are so many companies competing online, how can you have the ability to compare every auto insurance company to find the best available price?
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this information. This article will help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance. Although vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Learn how to lower your insurance costs
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Better auto insurance rates for being claim-free – Car insurance companies provide most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Acura every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your RSX can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage.
- Location can affect price – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims People who live in big cities regularly have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Avoid tickets and save – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most major insurers will give discounts to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Policy add-ons add up – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare auto insurance quotes online
To find cheaper prices, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in your state. The easiest way by far to find cheaper 2003 Acura RSX rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
Probably the best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. A single form compares rates from all major companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes consists of going to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare prices for Allstate, Esurance and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, which is why first method is reommended.
For a list of companies in your area, click here.
If you have time to kill, the last way to comparison shop to each insurance agency near you. Quoting online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional advice that only an agent can give. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage information for each quote you get. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in insurance coverages could skew the results. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes increases the change that you will find the best price. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you need to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
Truth in auto insurance advertising
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate endlessly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing about how much you will save just by switching your coverage. It sounds good, but how can they all charge lower premium rates?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get low prices and will also save when they switch companies.
Drivers who do not fit the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great prices. Because every company is different, it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Double check you’re getting these money-saving discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Acura can earn cheaper insurancerates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better insurancerates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, air bags, seat belt use, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, paperless, anti-lock brakes, company car, and group or association.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, air bags, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, DriveSense, good student, emergency road assistance, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, and safety device.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good driver.
Double check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state. To choose providers who offer online insurance quotes, click here.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills such as prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your RSX resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2003 Acura RSX.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, funeral expenses, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Have money to burn
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for 2003 Acura RSX insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles: