Lower Your 2003 Acura CL Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I really doubt anyone likes buying insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Nevertheless, consumers must know the way companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Use discounts to get cheaper car insurance quotes
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums on CL coverage.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will reduce the premium cost.
Companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts, click here to view.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Quote auto insurance online
To get the cheapest car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from many available auto insurance companies in your state. The recommended way to find competitive 2003 Acura CL insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This style of form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies.
- A more time consuming way to find more affordable insurance requires visiting each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to get rates from State Farm, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits with every price quote. If you have different values for each quote you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
You can change your insurance prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Auto insurance rates may be lower depending on your vocation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like lawyers, business owners and medical professionals tend to pay the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums on CL coverage.
- Eliminate unneeded extra coverages – There are many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your CL policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high rates – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Acura. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on CL coverage.
- Careless driving means higher premiums – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Having a single ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Know your credit history – An insured’s credit score factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2003 Acura CL if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Prevent theft and reduce auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder vehicle theft.
- Single drivers take more risk – Getting married actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Prevent auto insurance policy lapses – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Switch companies and save? Really?
Popular car insurance providers such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle if you switch to them. That’s great but how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies look for specific characteristics for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a profitable customer might be over age 30, has no claims, and has excellent credit. Anybody that fits those parameters will probably get cheap premium rates and will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall short of these standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great prices. Because every company is different, you really should get car insurance quotes from several different companies. It is just not possible to predict the company that will provide the lowest premium rates.
Insurance policy coverages for an Acura CL
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, nursing services, EMT expenses and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, pain and suffering, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage covers damage to your CL caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
At the end of the day…
Cost effective 2003 Acura CL insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on 2003 Acura CL insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about insurance is available at these links: