Save on 2002 Honda Odyssey Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 30, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you drained from paying out the nose to insure your Honda every month? You’re in the same situation as most other consumers.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Buy insurance coverage online
There are several ways to compare prices from companies that offer insurance coverage in your state. The recommended way to find affordable 2002 Honda Odyssey insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Hands down the most simple method consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for every insurance coverage company. One form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A harder way to find more affordable insurance consists of going to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare GEICO, Allstate and Travelers. In order to compare rates, you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which can get rather old. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but try to use identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in limits could throw off the whole comparison. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from them as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Drivers save money with with these discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction on Odyssey coverage but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will cut your car insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for professional/association, good student, location of vehicle, anti-theft, ease of repair, annual mileage, and low natural disaster claims.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, homeowners, student driver, early bird, and good student.
- Allstate discounts include premier discount, utility vehicle, auto/life discount, anti-lock brakes, economy car, teenSMART discount, and early signing.
When getting free auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Get lower-cost insurance with these tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive on Odyssey coverage.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Bad drivers pay high rates – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Discounts for married drivers – Being married helps lower the price on your insurance bill. It means you’re more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2002 Honda Odyssey?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The ad said I’d save $461 a year!
Popular auto insurance providers such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies say the same thing about how much you will save just by moving your coverage to them. How does each company offer you a better deal? It’s all in how they say it.
Many companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of a preferred risk should be between the ages of 30 and 45, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who may not quite match those criteria may be forced to pay a higher premium with the end result being business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, fire damage, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Save for a rainy day
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2002 Honda Odyssey insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents. Cheaper 2002 Honda Odyssey insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
More information is located at these links: