2002 Acura NSX Car Insurance Quotes – 9 Ideas for Best Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 16, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
There are many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Pricing cheaper insurance coverage is quite easy. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who buys insurance coverage should be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies determine prices.
How much is insurance?
When shopping for the cheapest car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from many different insurance companies. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done by using one of the methods below.
- Hands down the most simple method to get quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each price estimate. Completing one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates consists of visiting the website for each individual company and get a separate price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from USAA, GEICO and Allstate. You would have to spend time going to each site individually to enter your coverage information, which can be really labor intensive. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples quote information for each quote you get. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, quoting more helps locate a better price. Not every company provides online quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Take advantage of with these nine discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Distant Student – who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive better insurance rates on NSX coverage.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, air bags, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, good student, student away at school, and multiple autos.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Should I rate my 2002 Acura NSX as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2002 Acura NSX?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2002 Acura NSX is totaled?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specific coverages for a 2002 Acura NSX
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This pays for damage to your NSX from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Acura NSX.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as EMT expenses, pain medications and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, medical services, attorney fees, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.