How Much Does 2001 Ford Excursion Car Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your Ford Excursion? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You are no different than many other drivers. There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal.
How to compare insurance rate quotes
Effectively comparing insurance prices can be challenging if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could waste time talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
Many companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and at least one company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company.
To compare rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose the insurers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare rates, we put together a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but do your best to use equivalent coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy auto insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease for Excursion coverage with certain companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, accident-free
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with significant discounts, click this link.
What affects Ford Excursion insurance prices?
It’s important that you understand the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto your insurance can really hurt. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure and get fewer tickets.
- Rates may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like military generalspolice officers and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates for Excursion coverage.
- City traffic equals higher premiums – Living in a small town is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Marriage discount – Being married may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Many companies provide lower prices to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2001 Ford Excursion?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The auto insurance bait and switch
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching by State Farm and Allstate. They all make the same claim about saving some big amount if you get a free auto insurance quote and switch your auto insurance policy to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all claim to save you money? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of insured that will be a good risk. For example, this type of risk profile could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits those characteristics will probably get cheap premium rates as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who may not quite match those standards will be charged higher premium rates with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That is how companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you really need to compare free auto insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2001 Ford Excursion.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Excursion from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like dental work, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare 2001 Ford Excursion insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive auto insurance. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below: