Lower Your 2001 Acura TL Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 27, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Earn discounts on insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a car insurance quote for TL insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower insurancerates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that have most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does my 2001 Acura TL qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my 2001 Acura TL covered for smoke damage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Specific coverages for a 2001 Acura TL
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura TL.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage covers damage to your TL from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for things like surgery, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Quote more, save more
You just learned many ways to save on 2001 Acura TL insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost car insurance. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced car insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you need to shop car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below