Cheaper 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 21, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you are new to online price comparisons, you can easily be overwhelmed by the vast assortment of insurers vying for business.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best quotes on XJ-Series coverage at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the right way to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage is quite easy. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who shops for insurance coverage should be able to find lower rates. But consumers must know how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Low cost insurance coverage rate quotes
To get cheaper insurance coverage quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- The simplest way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. One form gets insurance cost estimates from several companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for insurance coverage online requires a trip to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to see prices from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and Farmers. You would need to spend time going to each site individually and enter your policy data, which is why first method is reommended. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The last method to comparison shop rate quotes is actually driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance coverage online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be certain you are entering apples-to-apples coverage limits with each company. If the quotes have mixed coverages you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison. Just a small difference in limits can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the change that you will find a lower rate. Some smaller insurers to not give online quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Get cheap auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every disount available very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on XJ-Series coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Theft Deterent – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good student, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, air bags, good student, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, anti-lock brakes, company car, and mature driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, military installation, safe driver, good student, vehicle storage, and driver training.
Double check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be available in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Learn how to buy car insurance more affordably
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in cheaper rates. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Keep claims to a minimum – Auto insurance companies award the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy will protect you if you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurance companies provide better rates for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other insurance prices to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Gender and insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- High physical damage deductibles save money – Your deductibles define how much you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on XJ-Series coverage.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your XJ-Series resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, structural damage, legal defense fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, pain medications and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More quotes mean more savings
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
People leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just presented many tips how you can save on 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote insurance coverage, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, take a look at these articles: