Lower Your 2000 Acura RL Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 6, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Acura RL? Do you think you bought an overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many consumers are in the same pinch. Vehicle owners have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices yearly because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on RL insurance at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Buy cheap car insurance with these tips
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better car insurance rates.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims.
- Higher premiums for tough vocations – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like lawyers, business owners and financial analysts generally pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums on RL insurance.
- Teenagers are high risk – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- High credit scores save money – Having a good credit score factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 Acura RL if you improve your credit rating.
- Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft.
- Never let your coverage expire – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most major insurance companies will award better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cheapest car insurance rate quotes
Many insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive provide pricing direct online. Getting online rates is easy for anyone as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns a price. Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest price.
The easiest way to find cheaper rates uses one form to return rates from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. Once the form is submitted, your coverage is rated and you can select any or none of the quote results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a insurance quote.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower insurancerates if you buy life insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, good student, distant student, mature driver, homeowner, and pay in full.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, anti-theft, air bags, daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, good student, and business or organization.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. To view insurers with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your RL resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2000 Acura RL.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, emergency aid, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as EMT expenses, pain medications and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
A penny earned…
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2000 Acura RL insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest insurance. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links: