Save on 1999 Suzuki Vitara Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Apr 15, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for pricey Suzuki Vitara insurance can eat up your personal savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Price shopping at each renewal can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing.
Buying cheaper protection can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the best way to shop online.
Where can I get the cheapest car insurance?
Most larger insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get insurance quotes on their websites. Comparing prices online can be done by anyone as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After you submit the form their quoting system orders your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote. This streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit many different websites and type in your information is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
Keep reading for an easier way to compare prices
The quickest way to lower your car insurance bill requires only one form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes price shopping online much more enjoyable. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance discounts help reduce rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Vitara insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance for Vitara insurance with certain companies.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Vitara insurance compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Suzuki may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driving training, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- USAA may have discounts that include defensive driver, driver training, military installation, family discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap insurance quotes, click this link.
Which is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Informed drivers save on insurance
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Bad credit will cost you – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 1999 Suzuki Vitara by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Gender is a factor – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in fender benders at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Premiums can be impacted by your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military personnelairline pilots and medical professionals generally have higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as actors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average for Vitara insurance.
- Get married and get cheaper rates – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Vitara may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for auto insurance savings from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to have a common claim that drivers can save some big amount if you switch your policy.
Is it even possible that every company can charge less that you’re paying now?
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of this type of driver should be between 30 and 50, has no claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Anybody that meets those criteria will get very good prices and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who fall short of these criteria must pay higher premium rates which leads to business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can make those statements.
Because of these techniques, you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just not possible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Vitara from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for funeral costs, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Suzuki Vitara.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 1999 Suzuki Vitara insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.