1999 GMC Safari Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on GMC Safari insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a GMC and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Some insurers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a insurance coverage quote.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease on Safari insurance depending on your insurance provider.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for early bird, good student, homeowners, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, and easy pay.
- Esurance offers discounts for paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, online shopper, claim free, Switch & Save, online quote, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, defensive driver, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to buy insurance coverage online
Cutting your insurance coverage rates is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to compare free insurance coverage quotes from some recommended companies. This can easily be done by following the guidelines below.
If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate forms for every insurance coverage company. Completing one form gets insurance cost estimates direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
A more time consuming way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from State Farm, GEICO and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to navigate to each company’s site and type in your information over and over, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The last method to get price estimates is to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. Quoting online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The approach you take is up to you, just ensure you’re using the same coverages and limits on every quote you get. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison.
Get more affordable insurance rates by understanding these factors
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Policy lapses lead to higher prices – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Credit history impacts prices – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your 1999 GMC Safari by repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Stay claim-free and save money – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurers give a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Optional features that lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1999 GMC Safari?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1999 GMC Safari to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing about how much you will save after switching your coverage to them.
How does every car insurance company offer you a better deal? This is the trick they use.
Car insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of risk profile could be married and over the age of 30, owns their home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters will probably get cheap rates and as a result will probably save a lot if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile may be required to pay higher premiums and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This really emphasizes why you really need to get insurance coverage quotes as often as possible. It’s just not possible to know which insurance companies will have the best auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Safari resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare 1999 GMC Safari insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-friendly insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be easier than you think.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles: