1999 Acura TL Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Acura TL? Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Acura every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage every six months because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on TL coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance online but I’m going to show you some great ways to find cheap insurance.
The purpose of this article is to teach you how car insurance quotes work. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Although car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently.
How to get affordable car insurance
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes from their websites. The process is fairly simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When complete, their system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online makes it simple to compare prices but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same data can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best price possible.
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons a little more enjoyable. After sending your information, it is quoted and you can choose any one of the pricing results.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This way, you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their auto insurance quote on TL coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Why your insurance rates might be higher
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The following are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Where you live factors in – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Poor driving means higher rates – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have severe citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – Companies generally give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like real estate brokersair traffic controllers and accountants generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, engineers and retirees get better rates on TL coverage.
- Drive less and save – The more miles you rack up on your Acura each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your TL may be costing you. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Experienced drivers pay less – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure .Young drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of insurers allow lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my 1999 Acura TL need full coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What if I total my 1999 Acura TL and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance myths debunked
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads advertise claims that you’ll save big if you get a free auto insurance quote and switch to them. How is it possible that every company can save you money? Here is how they do it.
Companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. An example of a desirable risk could possibly be a mature driver, carries high limits, and does not commute to work. Any person that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who are not a match for those standards may be forced to pay higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
Different companies use different criteria so you really need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will have the best prices at this point in time.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for surgery, dental work, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your TL caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, fire damage and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Acura TL.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Save your hard earned cash
As you quote auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your 1999 Acura TL insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheap auto insurance. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites: