Lower Your 1998 Nissan Quest Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 3, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Nissan Quest insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for your Nissan and locate the cheapest rates.
You should take the time to compare prices before your next renewal because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on Quest coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to buy cheaper car insurance.
This information will teach you how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online.
Get lower-cost car insurance with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a auto insurance quote on Quest coverage.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Quest coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could be rewarded with substantially lower car insurancerates.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees, hospital visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1998 Nissan Quest.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Quest from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Make a quick buck
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance coverage provider can be less work than you think.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce 1998 Nissan Quest insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small local company.
Even more information can be read in the articles below: