View 1998 Jaguar XJ-Series Car Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody that owns a car looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they could get a better deal.
Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies, it is very difficult to pick the lowest price auto insurance company.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices periodically because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on XJ-Series coverage two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. But consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Don’t overlook these insurance discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance coverage quote on XJ-Series coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar may allow you to get lower insurancerates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive insurance coverage.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison to bad drivers.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on XJ-Series coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, mature driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, family discount, military installation, new vehicle, and loyalty savings.
When quoting, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to get affordable car insurance
There are several ways to shop for car insurance, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could waste time driving to agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to each individual car insurance company. To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is that you can’t choose the providers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare equivalent deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you have different data it will be nearly impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
Learn how to lower your insurance costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Location can influence price – Having an address in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Lots of companies will award lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by buying from different companies
- Vehicle features can affect rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- More miles driven equals more premium – The more you drive your Jaguar each year the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage. Improper usage on your XJ-Series may be costing you higher rates.
- Occupation can influence rates – Careers such as judgespolice officers and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs like actors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates on XJ-Series coverage.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Tickets increase costs – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my 1998 Jaguar XJ-Series qualify for pleasure use?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for rehabilitation expenses, dental work, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your XJ-Series resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Quote often and quote early
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cheap 1998 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on 1998 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote insurance coverage, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)