View 1998 Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Honda Odyssey? When searching for lower-cost insurance, are you frustrated by the number of insurance choices in your area? Many other people are as well. Drivers have so many choices to choose from that it can quickly become a challenge to find the lowest price.
How to buy insurance coverage online
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can spend your afternoon driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to get prices fast.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company can provide price quotes. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
The method you choose is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the best price for your Honda Odyssey. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Car insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big just by switching to them. How does each company cost less than your current company? This is how they do it.
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 50, has had continuous coverage, and chooses high deductibles. A customer that matches those criteria receives the best auto insurance rates as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who are not a match for these criteria will have to pay higher prices which results in the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings. Different companies use different criteria so you need to get insurance coverage quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
How your Odyssey insurance prices are determined
Part of the insurance coverage buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine your insurance coverage rates. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better insurance coverage rates.
- Get hitched and pay lower prices – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Never allow your insurance coverage to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Men tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The higher the miles on your Honda annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Odyssey can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance coverage policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance coverage on Odyssey coverage.
- Driving citations are costly – Even one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Are you qualifying for every discount?
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multiple Cars – Having several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple policy, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multi-car, home ownership, payment discounts, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good student, early bird, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new graduate, preferred payment discount, multi-car, good student, and newly retired.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see insurance companies with discount rates, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1998 Honda Odyssey?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and nursing services. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Quote more, save more
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-conscious 1998 Honda Odyssey insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be less work than you think.