1997 Acura SLX Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No car owner enjoys paying for insurance coverage, in particular when they are paying too much. Due to the large number of insurance coverage companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to pick a lower cost insurance coverage provider.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes every six months since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates for SLX coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance coverage on the internet, but you can learn the easiest ways to reduce your insurance coverage bill.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Consumers only need to know how to compare rates on the web.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, which vehicles you own, your job, and driver details. Those rating factors is then sent to multiple companies and they return cost estimate immediately.
Auto insurance companies offer money-saving discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for SLX coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction for SLX coverage with some auto insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1997 Acura SLX is totaled?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Acura SLX.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.