How Much Does 1996 Pontiac Sunfire Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Think you have an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings with ads and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage as often as possible because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best deal for Sunfire insurance at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online but you can learn some tested techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Companies do not list all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Sunfire insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give a small break get car insurance on the internet.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for multi-car, youthful driver, business and professional, bundle discounts, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, defensive driver, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, newly married, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, and new move discount.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies how you can save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates is to know the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as what your job is, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if you went to college, and your credit rating estimate. Those rating factors is sent automatically to multiple insurance providers and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like court costs, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Sunfire caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for hospital visits, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM Coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Sunfire.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Have money to burn
Cheaper insurance coverage is available both online as well as from independent agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare 1996 Pontiac Sunfire insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost car insurance. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More information is located below: