Save on 1996 Acura TL Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Acura TL? Finding the cheapest insurance for your Acura TL can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage on a Acura and find the best price possible.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Shopping for the lowest cost protection is quite easy. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Discounts can really help lower premiums
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for TL coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in safe driver could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for TL coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Online Discount – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Accident Waiver – but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including professional/association, ease of repair, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts, click here to view.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does my 1996 Acura TL qualify for pleasure use?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages for an Acura TL
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, bail bonds, loss of income and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your TL from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 1996 Acura TL.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Find Good Coverage for Less
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We covered some good ideas how to lower your 1996 Acura TL insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Even more information can be found in the articles below: