1995 Suzuki Samurai Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 31, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower car insurance rates for your Suzuki Samurai? Have you fallen victim to an expensive car insurance policy? Say no more because you’re not the only one. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm persitently shower you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to know the tricks to get comparison rates online.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Auto insurance companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a insurance quote for Samurai insurance.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching companies early. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, switch companies, mature driver, early shopping, and teen driver.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, driver training, membership and employees, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, good student, anti-theft, business or organization, defensive driving, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Where can I get cheap insurance coverage?
Lowering your 1995 Suzuki Samurai insurance coverage rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing free insurance quotes to find the company with cheap insurance quotes. Comparing prices online can be done using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for every insurance coverage company. Filling out one form gets prices estimates direct from many companies.
- A different way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company and go through the quote process again. For example, let’s say you want to compare Progressive, GEICO and American Family. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The approach you take is up to you, just ensure you are comparing equivalent coverages and limits for each price quote. If you enter different deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Suzuki Samurai.
Seven factors that affect insurance prices
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.When buying insurance coverage it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Prevent theft and save – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most companies afford discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance coverage claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies award the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Drivers with responsible credit save – A driver’s credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1995 Suzuki Samurai by improving your rating.
- Teenage drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure and get fewer tickets.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Suzuki scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a 1995 Suzuki Samurai
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1995 Suzuki Samurai.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Samurai resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your 1995 Suzuki Samurai insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)