1994 Saturn S-Series Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Saturn S-Series? Purchasing discount auto insurance online might appear problematic for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and buying insurance on the internet. With such a large choice of companies competing online, how can drivers possibly compare every one to find the cheapest rates?
You may qualify for discounts
Some providers don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on auto insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less for S-Series insurance compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should sucessfully take a drivers education course in high school.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance coverage companies who offer online insurance coverage quotes, click here.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buy insurance coverage online
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many available insurance coverage companies in your state. One of the best ways to lower the rate you pay for 1994 Saturn S-Series insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for a different quote for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to find more affordable insurance is to manually visit each individual company website and repeat the quote process again and again. For example, let’s say you want rates from Auto-Owners, Safeco and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and repeatedly enter your information, which can be really labor intensive. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to comparison shop is physically going to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just try to keep exactly the same coverage information on every price quote you get. If you compare different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find the best price. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get rates from the smaller companies as well.
Learn how to lower your insurance costs
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Does your employer cost you more? – Careers like military personnel, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates for S-Series insurance.
- Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims People in densly populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- What’s your car’s crash test rating? – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Saturn S-Series has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Younger driver insurance prices – Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Alarm systems save money – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Responsible credit saves on insurance – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your 1994 Saturn S-Series by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Responsible drivers have lower prices – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one chargable violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The ad said I’d save $415 a year!
Well-known car insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the companies say the same thing about saving some big amount just by moving to them. Is it even possible that every company can say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. An example of this type of insured should be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. Any person who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and will also cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who cannot meet this ideal profile must pay higher rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers should compare rate quotes every year. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will provide the lowest prices.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 1994 Saturn S-Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, loss of income and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Affordable 1994 Saturn S-Series insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 1994 Saturn S-Series insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found below:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)