1993 Jaguar XJ-Series Insurance Quotes – 5 Ideas for Cheapest Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Vehicle owners not familiar with buying insurance online are likely to find locating cheaper insurance coverage is more work than they thought.
More discounts mean cheap premiums
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a insurance coverage quote on XJ-Series insurance.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Accident Free – Drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower the premium cost.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy
- 21st Century discounts include good student, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, 55 and older, homeowners, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, business and professional, switch companies, pay in full, distant student, and alternative fuel.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, safe driver, eSmart discount, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, early signing, and 55 and retired.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1993 Jaguar XJ-Series?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, X-ray expenses and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, vandalism and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your XJ-Series resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, legal defense fees, court costs and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Get your money’s worth
When you buy insurance coverage online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on 1993 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles: