Cheap 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 30, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates? Shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Mercedes-Benz 190-Class insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Mercedes-Benz and get the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices before your next renewal since rates change frequently. Even if you got the lowest rate on 190-Class coverage two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how car insurance quotes work. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Drivers just need to know the proper way to buy auto insurance over the internet.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy auto insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% on 190-Class coverage.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, teen driver, youthful driver, switch companies, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, Switch & Save, safety device, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and DriveSense.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, accident-free, driver’s education, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Allstate has discounts for premier plus, new car, safe driver, eSmart discount, auto/life discount, and teenSMART discount.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see companies with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, falling objects and damage from flooding. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercedes-Benz 190-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, legal defense fees, attorney fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like funeral costs, ambulance fees, pain medications and surgery. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Affordable insurance is out there
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheaper 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class insurance can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents, so get free auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More detailed insurance coverage information is available at these sites: