Cheaper 1990 Buick Riviera Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Buick Riviera? Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other people. There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Compare quotes for insurance coverage
Reducing your 1990 Buick Riviera insurance rates is actually quite simple. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing rates to find the company with affordable car insurance quotes. Price comparisons can be done in a couple of different ways.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates is going to each company website and repeat the quote process again and again. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to see prices from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Travelers. To get each rate you have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you enter different liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Buick Riviera.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
More affordable rates with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable companies to look at when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on car insurance quote in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Buick could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good driver, and air bags.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, air bags, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, air bag, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of companies who offer cheap insurance quotes, click here to view.
What is the best insurance coverage coverage?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1990 Buick Riviera to commute?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Why you might pay higher rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine your rate level.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Buick annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Riviera can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Gender and insurance coverage prices – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- More policies can equal more savings – The majority of companies will give a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Buick Riviera scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies award better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers premiums – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Riviera insurance.
- Eliminate incidental coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Riviera resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like surgery, dental work, nursing services and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, vandalism, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Online plus local equals savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost 1990 Buick Riviera insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information is located in these articles: